Today is Day 6 of 2017. Many of us started the year with brand new resolutions, goals and good intentions. We love this time of year because of the renewed hope and optimism that we feel. Only 41% usually write out New Year’s resolution and/or goals for the new year while 42% never do. Of those who do establish their intentions, only 9% believe that they’ve achieved what they set out to do. Despite the euphoria of the New Year, the statistics strongly suggest that we live unintentional, unplanned lives. 91% of the respondents reported either infrequent or absolutely no success in goal attainment. So, how can you Achieve Your Goals in 2017?
Top Five New Year’s Goals
- Lose Weight / Healthier Eating
- Life / Self Improvements
- Better Financial Decisions
- Quit Smoking
- Do more exciting things
Achieve Your Goals: 5 Essential Tips
- Create a Vision Board: It helps cast a vision of what you want and be a source of motivation.
- Focus on Goals, not mountains: Set big goals but move immediately to accomplishing three short term goals. You want to begin to experience accomplishment while still moving toward bigger.
- Create new habits: Habits have long term consequences and must be positive in order to produce results.
- Find an accountability partner. We all need someone to talk to, share frustrations, successes and someone to encourage and tell us the truth.
- Find someone to coach or mentor. You have skill and expertise. Be a giver and support someone else. Being the mentor helps keep you motivated on your path to success. There is a lot of gratification in helping others succeed.
By following these simple steps you will achieve your goals for 2017. Imagine how much more enjoyable your life would be by completing your goals. Wouldn’t your well-being and sense of self-worth improve by seeing positive change in your life. Check out my website at https://www.essanteorganics.com/theorganicretiree/